Thursday, January 22, 2009

Boredom Leads to This

Winter breeds this stale sense of boredom that I've been trying to shake for the last little while. Working retail in the month of January is no help; I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. So I'm asking for help starting a new blog dedicated to whatever tickles ones fancy.

I'll start it off by mentioning RRL's recently opened store on Melrose in LA. After seeing pics in the latest issue of Huge, I had to share the beauty with all my friends. Maybe it's because my father collects antique gas station memorabilia, but I think the use of an old, dilapidated garage as the location for a high-end boutique is a fantastic idea. There was a short article recently on Racked LA that offered shots of the new store, and I've posted one of the full exterior so you can get an idea of the vibe they're going for. Click on the link for more.


article

Maybe it's because I have to move soon, but I've been looking at tons of interesting uses of space lately. This photo by Andrew Bush has had me in awe for days.


House

The pic is from a series he did focusing on a house situated in Ireland. I really like his shit, but this and the series "Drive", in which he took photos of moving vehicles while driving along beside them, are probably my favorites. Check his website, andrewbush.net, for more of his stuff.

OK, that's my first post. Don't forget to give me a shout if you're interested in pitching in some randomness.

No comments:

Post a Comment